Friday, May 23, 2014

Being a Bilingual

Languages world map
Being a bilingual has many benefits to it. One of them is being able to make more friends that speak other languages. Another is that can go to other countries around the world and understand people and be able to have a conversation with them. It also opens many opportunities regarding jobs. One career you can take is by a multi-language translator. Companies also prefer if you speak more than one language because you can speak with more people, which occurs quite often. On the other hand, I don't feel like there are any disadvantages of being bilingual. I speak English and Spanish. I was born in California but raised in a home of Spanish. My English is fine and I know Spanish but struggle at times with it. If I wanted to learn another language it would be Italian. I would choose this language because it is similar to Spanish, so it would be easier to learn and more relatable.

   

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris,
    I really wish I was fluent in more than one language like you! Being bilingual will be a big advantage for you as you pursue a career.

    I hope that you have enjoyed blogging this year and learning about new technology tools. I have enjoyed so much working with you and your class in the library. Please consider continuing your blog or creating a new one in which you can share your talents. Sincerely, Mrs. Lofton

    ReplyDelete